Beach Essentials – Things to Bring/Put in your beach bag
You’ve got your cute bathing suit, and now you’re packing up for the fun day at the beach. If you’re anything like me, you’re going to need a long list of everything that you need. You don’t want to make it all the way out to the beach, and find out that you’re missing one of these!
- Sunscreen: It doesn’t matter what skin type you have, you need to apply some level of SPF to your entire body. Skin cancer affects all people, and the best way to prevent it is with sunscreen.
- Sun Glasses: Squinting is no fun. Grab some cute sunglasses that are polarized to help protect your eyes and keep the wrinkles away.
- Hat: Beat the heat by creating your own shade. Take your UV-ray protection game to the next level and remove the potential for damaging rays to penetrate the skin by wearing a floppy beach hat.
- Towel: An obvious one, but you’d be surprised how many times I’ve walked to the beach without one. You’re going to want something to sit on and dry off with! I’d bring two if you have the space.
- Water Bottle: The sun is great, but you’ll get dehydrated quick. Stay healthy with a full bottle of water that you can sip on all day long.
- Snacks: Everything is better with snacks. Bring easy-to-eat foods like sandwiches, crackers, grapes, and other poppable, bite-sized foods. If you need to cut something or dip it, don’t forget the utensils for that.
- Aloe Vera: For the after sun healing. It’s good to have time out by the beach, but always be thinking skincare first. After a good rinse, apply aloe vera to your whole body to help the skin bounce back.
- Baby Powder: This is a cool trick! If you have stubborn sand that won’t leave you alone, then throw on some baby powder and the sand will fall right off. It’ll stay away until you get wet again, of course!
- Waterproof Bags: Have several waterproof bags in different sizes. You can store valuables that you don’t want to get damaged by the water and sand, like phones. You can also put your wet and sandy clothes in another so it doesn’t get everywhere and ruin other clothes.
- SPF Lip Balm: You apply sunscreen everywhere, but most of us forget our luscious lips. Keep your kisser flake free with an SPF lip balm.
- Cover Up: Cute cover ups are the best. They can also double as a great pillow.
- Hair Oils/Sprays: protect your hair from the harsh rays with some sun oil or sprays to give you a beach wave. It’ll keep your hair hydrated and soft.
- Little Radio: You must have some sort of music. Bringing a little radio is perfect for the beach. It can just be an AM/FM tuner, or you can get decently cheap bluetooth stereos nowadays. Make sure it’s cheap. It may not last for years out in the elements.
Be safe out in the sun, and make sure to stay hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. Have a great time in the sand and surf!