Apartment Bathroom Decorating Ideas
You’ve moved in to your new apartment, and are so excited to make it your own! Use some of the these ideas to have inspiration while you decorate your new bathroom area. Changing little things can make a big difference in how you view and experience your new bathroom.
- New Shower Head: Changing out the shower head can dramatically change your shower experience. Put in a luxury rain head, or change it to a two-piece shower head with a hose. You can find ones with differentwater settings to go from a spray to a pulsating massage. Instead of a routine shower, you’ll now have a spa experience every time you set foot in the shower.
- Change the Toilet Seat: Most apartments have a generic toilet seat. There’s nothing wrong with them, but it is always nice to have a slight upgrade. Find a toilet seat that fits your design. You can get one that is colored, or one that is heated, or even one that has a bidet attached to it.
- Add Soft Fabrics: Make the room feel rich with the help of soft fabrics under foot, towels, and washcloths. To keep things from getting too busy, choose one solid neutral color for the large towels, washcloths, and mats, and let design pattern be with the hand towels. Spend a little extra on these items. Find plush towels that are irresistible to touch, and mats that have a foam cushion under your feet. Once they become worn out or stained, replace them to keep your look crisp.
- Add More Storage: You can never have enough storage, especially in rooms like the bathroom. Having products, hair dryers, and accessories lying around is a fast way to junk up the room. Have a place for everything with added storage areas. Find an old shelf and add a barn window over the shelf for a unique look. Go with floating shelves for towels and paper products over the toilet. Have containers and baskets to house all of the little items like cotton balls, razors, and extra bars of soap.
- Add More Mirrors: You have a mirror over the sink, and it’s fine, but you can’t see if your shoes match the rest of your outfit. Add depth and functionality to your bathroom with a full length sized mirror. Place it behind the door, or beside the sink. The added mirror will bounce more of the light around the room, making it brighter and bringing a sense of more space.
- Greenery: You usually don’t think of putting a plant in the bathroom because there usually isn’t any natural light coming in. You can still have plants that don’t need a large amount of sunlight in the bathroom. If all else fails, fake plants can have a similar visual effect as well. Things like bamboo, succulents, bromeliads, and ferns are all great options for bathroom greenery.
You spend at least an hour a day in the bathroom a day. Shouldn’t you enjoy it? Let it be a place that makes you feel calm after a hard day at work, and one that makes you feel confident as you walk out the door to take on the day. Treat yourself to little added extras in the bathroom to make the design come to life.