6 Benefits from Seeing A Chiropractor
Chiropractic work is one of the oldest holistic methods of treatment that we know of. Overtime, the body endures injuries and falls into repetitive movements that can pull the spine out of line. Chiropractors use movement and compression to relieve the tension in the muscles and allow the spine to function properly. When the nervous system isn’t hindered with compromised joints, then the body can better communicate with itself. There’s a great deal of science behind the practice that can have widespread positive effects on the body.
- Boost Your Immune System: The act of massage and manipulating joints can relieve inflammation and give your immune system a helpful bump. There’s evidence that having an adjustment can cause a significant increase in your white blood cell count. When the nervous system is able to better communicate with the endocrine system, then your immune system will start to kick in.
- Alleviate Neck Pain/Headaches: An obvious positive benefit is relieving back and neck pain. The way that our spinal disks interconnect with each other changes our posture and weight distribution. If our spine is aligned, then the correct muscles are working, and the weight is evenly distributed throughout the body instead of putting pressure in one or two places. The other benefit is alleviating headaches. If our spine is compressing the nervous to our brain, then we will suffer more headaches. If the spine is properly aligned, then headaches aren’t experienced nearly as often.
- Lower Blood Pressure: According to WebMD, chiropractic work can lower blood pressure by two medications. That’s huge! If you’re able to stabilize health concerns with a natural method, that means that you don’t have to take ample medication. The fewer drugs you take, the fewer side effects you’ll experience. It’s always better to let the body repair itself naturally. Medications absolutely have their place, but they should be taken after seeing holistic methods aren’t sufficient.
- Support the GI Tract: People with acid reflux, IBS, and other gastrointestinal issues can benefit from chiropractic work. A number of people were able to reduce their intake or completely stop their medication with adjustments. Of course, work with your doctor to evaluate your progress.
- Improves Athletic Performance: Athletes need that extra edge to push them over the competition. During training, athletes put their body through a great deal of stress and impact. Chiropractors aim to reset the body to allow for the muscles and joints to work properly, preventing injury and increasing performance.
- Combats Mental Health Issues: The effects of chiropractic care can also give your brain the ability to function better. Your brain chemistry can balance itself more easily, you can think more clearly, and your quality of your sleep will increase. It can be a helpful tool for those with depression.
Do your research on the chiropractor that you are interested in seeing. Review their methodology and read reviews from former patients. Make sure that they have gone through extensive schooling and are backed by an accredited program. A great chiropractor is worth their weight in gold.