5 Destination Christmas Spots To Go with the Family
Christmas is one of the best times of year to travel. The kids are out of school for a long time, parents can take off a decent amount of work days, and there are so many things to do! There are always holiday deals for airlines and hotels as well. It’s fun to change up the routine and make Christmas an adventure each year. Here are five destination spots to visit with family for the holidays!
- The Resort at Paws Up Greenough, Montana: Reconnect the family with nature with a trip up to the beautiful state of Montana. This resort sits on thousands of wide open acres with lots of outdoor and indoor activities for everyone to enjoy. There’s dog sledding, gingerbread house making, sleigh rides, roasting marshmallows, and bonfires, all while staying at a 5 star resort. You’ll be in a rustic cabin with modern amenities, and dine with food cooked by expert chefs. It’s the best way to do all of the traditional Christmas activities in one area, while you spend time with loved ones.
- Grand Wailea, Wailea Maui, Hawaii: Instead of the typical winter wonderland, warm up with a tropical escape to Hawaii. Maui is one of the smaller islands that is commercial, but has a more local touch to it. See how the locals celebrate Christmas. Experience a luau with a guest appearance of Santa Claus to surprise the kids. You can spend the afternoons lounging in the pool while watching Christmas movies. Unwind and relax during your time off from work and school.
- Very Merrytime Cruises Disney Cruise Line: There are plenty of options for holiday vacation when you go on a Disney cruise. You can determine the number of days you want to be out at sea, where you go, and what you do while you’re there. On the ship, there’s candy cane limbo, a meet and greet with Santa, storytime with Mrs. Claus, and of course, meeting the Disney characters. Kids and adults will be swept away in a fairytale that they won’t want to leave.
- Hawks Cay Resort, Florida Keys: Travel south to find the North Pole! You can enjoy fun in the sun with all of your favorite Christmas traditions rolled into one. You can be tucked into bed by elves, have Christmas carolers come to your hotel door, or even go swimming with the dolphins.
- Santa Claus, Indiana: Visit the merriest city in all of the United States, which is named after Chris Cringle himself. Roast chestnuts, write Santa a letter and get a response, meet the reindeer, and have candy of year’s past. Bring your winter coat, and bundle up for the outdoor activities. As soon as you walk its streets, you’ll feel at home. It’s a quaint town that will bring your heart full of cheer.
Take it easy during the holidays this year, and forget about cooking, cleaning, and doing dishes. Let you and your family be treated with a unique experience during the Christmas season. It’ll give you more opportunities to spend with the ones you love.